OKHR College Competition Details:
- Schedule Framework: Our 2020 Competition will be held February 20, 2020 at the Stonecipher School of Business at East Central University in Ada, OK. We anticipate beginning with a luncheon so students can travel in the morning. Students will also be invited to a social networking event Thursday evening, and are invited to our State Leadership Conference on Friday, February 21st to network and learn with experienced HR professionals from around the state.
- Competition Structure, Part 1: The competition will include participation for 5 weeks before the competition in an HR simulation environment where the teams make decisions and run an HR Department with real time responsiveness to their decisions. This simulation will score in a number of areas and provide 50% of their total competition score. They would have access in December to the environment to learn about it. The live simulation will run from January 13 – February 14.
- Competition Structure, Part 2: Onsite, they will have an opportunity to discuss their simulation experience, sharing their lessons, decision making outcomes and insight. This presentation will be 40% of their total score.
- Competition Structure, Part 3: We will have an additional onsite game environment allowing for fast thinking and fun to accumulate additional points that will contribute 10% towards their total score.
- Team Qualifying: We are allowing up to 2 teams with no more than 5 participants each from each university program. We would prefer to know teams by December 5 for access to the training environment, but no later than January 5th for inclusion in the actual simulation.
- Division A for undergraduates in human resources, human relations, and business or communication majors with an HR focus or career intention. Please don’t hesitate to ask about degree programs, we want to see teams participating!
- Division B for graduate students pursuing related programs in human resources, human relations, and business or communication programs with an HR focus or career intention
- Team Registration: Your team can register here to begin entering the competition and receiving all details as the event develops. Team members should be in academic and financial good standing with the school they are representing.
- It is our goal to provide a healthy competitive environment while also supporting participants as they develop a strong HR network for their future growth. We hope that the simulation provides opportunity for critical decision making, dialogue on the team, and collaboration (just like a healthy HR culture!)
- We award 2 $1,000 scholarships to students interested in pursuing professional HR careers and involved in relevant degree programs at Oklahoma universities. We will award these scholarships at the February event.
- The scholarship application is live and online for completion on desktops or mobile platforms so no more .pdf and email attachments. Students interested in scholarships have from now through midnight on December 1, 2019 to apply for consideration. http://bit.ly/okhrscholarship
- The application includes expected information about personal contact info, choice of major, GPA, student SHRM involvement, a small statement about future plans/goals related to HR and 1 letter of recommendation.