Connect people at your event. Meet LinkedIn’s Find Nearby. A new way to network.
Find Nearby is a way for people to meet their fellow attendees at an event. What’s great is once they connect on LinkedIn, attendees can see each other’s background information like schools, companies, or interests they have in common. From there, it’s easy to start a conversation or stay in touch after the event. It’s networking—minus the work.
How to enable Find Nearby:
- Open the LinkedIn app, and go to My Network in the menu.
- Tap on Find Nearby.
- Turn Find Nearby toggle to ON (Note: Find Nearby will run in background mode until you switch it off)
- Boom, see people nearby.
A few tips:
Find Nearby Best Practices.pdf
- The start of the event is the best time to prompt attendees to turn on Find Nearby.
- Reminders throughout the event can help encourage them to connect with people who share their interests.
- Remember, attendees must first enable Bluetooth sharing.